Teen Travel Network
COVID-19 Risk Management
Learn more about Teen Travel Network's program policies
COVID-19 Risk Management
TTN has developed the following risk management response framework to ensure we are taking every precaution to actively manage this ongoing pandemic. The safety of students, staff, and local communities remains our highest priority.
Therefore, this is a living framework that will be updated regularly as new information becomes available.
- Consult guidelines in accordance with the official Travel Health Notices as provided by the Department of State, Centers for Disease Control, and the World Health Organization.
- We strongly encourage that all students traveling to our in-person programs are up to date on their Covid-19 vaccinations prior to departure. Vaccination is not required by TTN.
- Some destinations may require an up to date Covid-19 Vaccination to enter so we ask that you stay apprised on destination requirements.
- We ask all families and staff to limit exposure and avoid non-essential contact outside of their immediate pod or family unit as best as possible 10 days prior to their program departure, in preparation for their Covid-19 pre-departure test.
- We ask that all families and staff obtain a negative Covid-19 test prior to arriving on your program. We strongly recommend a rapid Antigen test in order to catch any active infection and these are free or very low cost, as well as widely available.
- For any positive test, we ask that families contact TTN to inform and discuss the potential for late arrival to program or selecting a new session date once cleared.
- We strongly recommend that all students wear a KN95 / N95 mask while en route to their program to minimize exposure to potential illness while en route.
*As Covid-19 Continues to evolve in each destination in which we operate, so will our ‘During Program” plan. We will take into consideration the transmission rates locally and globally at the time of travel.
- We strongly encourage all students to wear a mask on the airplane while en route to their program. Once students are safely with their group, they may remove their masks.
- Staff will provide a thorough student orientation that includes any local Covid-19 precautions and guidelines applicable to their program, theme or location, if any.
- Students may be asked to wear a mask if a site specific activity or service project requires it locally. For this reason, students are asked to follow the packing list closely to ensure they bring enough masks for their program. If not required for the destination or activity, wearing a mask is always an optional choice for any student.
- All staff and students undergo frequent health checks from program staff.
- In the event of a positive infection in our group, enhanced cleaning, hygiene and sanitation measures will be implemented.
- If illness is contracted, follow the guidance of instruction by the highest-trained individuals (students follow guidance from staff, staff follow guidance from TTN, medical consultant, insurance support and medical facilities with consideration of CDC guidelines).
- If any students display multiple symptoms and aren’t able to fully participate in the program, they may take an antigen test. If confirmed positive, Covid-19 incident response will be initiated, which may include isolation while the student is symptomatic and not feeling up to participating in the program and/or masking to return to the group if still testing positive after a 5-day period.
- If a positive test occurs on program, the group or some students with higher exposure may be asked to wear their masks on program to prevent further spread of the virus; this will likely be for a 5-day window but may shift pending the specific site and logistics at that time, as well as how quickly the student feels better.
- Monitor symptoms and inform TTN if you develop Covid-19-related symptoms or have a positive Covid-19 test.
- Commit to isolating from vulnerable individuals for 2 weeks upon return home and consider testing.
Other Teen Travel Network Policies
Discover Teen Travel Network’s various program policies and statements of intent. Be sure to review each of these policies or statements before you participate in a TTN summer travel program:
- Program Policies Hub
- Animal & Wildlife Protection Policy
- Cell Phone Policy
- Child & Vulnerable Adults Protection Policy
- Code of Conduct
- COVID-19 Risk Management (FAQ)
- DEI Policies & Statements
- Essential Eligibility Criteria
- Refund Policy
- Risk Management Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Student Safety and Supervision Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Tuition Policy
- Water Safety Policy
Teen Travel Network
We're here to help!
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact our Admissions Team.