Teen Travel Network
Learn more about Teen Travel Network's program policies
Program Tuition Details:
On the website page for your program, check the Dates & Tuition section, and you will see the tuition amount for the session dates you have chosen.
To enroll in a program and pay your tuition:
Simply head to our online application to get started.
At the time of enrollment, you will need to pay your $600 deposit to hold your spot, as well as an application fee (typically $100). The application fee is non-refundable.
Deadlines & Terms for Submitting Your Application:
When the initial $600 tuition deposit and application fee are paid, the student’s space will be held pending availability. However, TTN must receive the completed online application and signed waiver & consent forms on the following timeline:
- Deposits made up until December 15, application and waiver documents must be submitted by December 31.
- Deposits made from December 15 until May 1, application and waiver documents must be submitted within 2 weeks of the initial deposit date.
- Deposits made May 1 – May 15, application and waiver documents must be submitted no later than May 20.
- Applications received after May 15 require approval and a completed application & full tuition payment for consideration.
If the online application and waiver forms are not completed within the above-defined deadlines, TTN reserves the right to cancel the application and retain the deposit and any additional funds paid. Extensions can be granted in some cases if the program is more than 90 days from departure.
Your application will be reviewed upon submission. Any follow-up questions will be directed to the parents or guardians of students under 18 years of age. Any follow-up requests should be completed within the above-defined deadlines unless otherwise specified; otherwise, TTN reserves the right to cancel the application and retain the deposit and any additional funds paid.
If for some reason TTN is not able to grant acceptance into the program, everything but the application fee is refundable.
Required Signed Documentation:
Enrollment & participation in the program is contingent on both the participant and one legal guardian signing and agreeing to: COVID-19 Informed Consent, Waiver, Code of Conduct, Medical Consent form, and any other required documentation that may become required under Terra Education, Inc. discretion with the evolving COVID-19 situation.
All Terms & Conditions outlined including the refund policy will be upheld regardless of the signature of required documentation. Neither program enrollment nor program participation will be permitted unless all requested documents are signed and returned.
Terra Education reserves the right to cancel any applicants or deny participation of any enrolled students and retain the deposit and any additional funds paid if the requested documentation is not signed and returned in a timely manner specified by Terra.
Deadlines & Terms for Tuition Payment:
For programs in spring and summer tuition is due in full within 1 week* of enrollment when all of the following conditions are met: (1) the program session begins in 90 days or less (2) the program has been confirmed to run by TTN. If these conditions are met prior to 90 days from departure, tuition is due within 30 days of enrollment.
Available on a limited basis upon request.
Late Fees & Penalties
A $100 late fee will be assessed if full payment is not received by the due date. Additionally, if your balance is overdue, TTN reserves the right to cancel the application and retain the deposit and any additional funds paid.
If your full tuition balance is paid on time
If you cancel out of your programs at least 60 days prior to departure and your full tuition balance has been paid on time, your family is eligible to receive a tuition credit to use in 2024 or 2025 for all payments received (excluding the application fee), in lieu of a refund payment.
Payment by Check
When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us to either use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction (ACH transfer). A $25 fee applies to bounced checks.
Payment Method Discounts
The following discounts are available if you make your balance payment via check or deposit: $30
Deadlines for Pre-Departure Documents:
Pre-departure documents are required for participation. Upon acceptance, you will receive the necessary documents and instructions via email.
- For all participants who enroll up until January 31st, pre-departure documents will be due by March 1.
- For all spring participants who enroll up until December 31st, pre-departure documents will be due by February 1.
- For all summer participants beginning February 1, pre-departure documents are due 30 days after acceptance into the program. For all spring participants beginning January 1, pre-departure documents are due 30 days after acceptance into the program.
- If your program departure date is closer than 60 days away, your pre-departure documents are due 10 days from acceptance until May 20.
- June 1 is the last date to submit required pre-departure paperwork unless approved.
- If the required pre-departure documents are not completed within the above-defined deadlines, TTN reserves the right to assess a late fee of $50 – $200 or cancel the application without a refund. Extensions can be granted in some cases if the program is more than 60 days from departure.
Deadlines & Terms for Changing Programs:
- Until April 15, students can change to available sessions (dates, program, countries) at no additional fee.
- As of April 16, there is a $50 fee to change to an available session (date, program, country).
Text Message Communication:
We will communicate with families by email and text messages in order to facilitate the timely collection of all required pre-departure documents, provide notifications of changes/cancellations, emergency alerts, safety information, and coordinate drop-off and pick-up times. The frequency of such messages will be limited to what is required for successful pre-program coordination.
By signing these terms you are providing consent to receive emails and text messages from TTN for program coordination purposes. You can opt out of receiving text messages at any point. To do so, simply reply “STOP” to any text message, or notify us in writing. Once you opt out, you will not receive logistical, emergency, or other information through text.
Phone numbers provided will only be used for program-related communications and will not be shared with third parties for promotional or other purposes. TTN is not responsible for missed messages, delivery failures, or any consequences.
TTN includes secondary medical insurance and evacuation insurance during the program as part of your total program costs. However, purchasing a travel insurance policy is also recommended. See further insurance details below for guidance.
However, purchasing a travel insurance policy is also recommended. See further insurance details below for guidance.
We highly recommend purchasing a Travel Insurance policy to help protect your investment. We suggest Battleface, a reputable provider with years of strong customer reviews and a reputation for great customer service.
Secondary medical insurance and evacuation insurance during the program are included for programs located outside of the US.
We CANNOT extend beyond our refund policy for personal injury, losses, acts of God, or any other exceptions, however, travel insurance may be able to provide additional coverage beyond our refund policy.
Details on Items Not Covered by Tuition:
- International or domestic airfare to and from the destination country and/or city
- Entry passport / visa to the country (if required)
- Immunizations (if required)
- Multi-country flight connections (if applicable)
- Airport taxes (if required)
- US health insurance for programs within the US, if a resident of the US
- COVID-19 tests or related surcharges
We accept several methods of payment that you can choose from.
- We accept MasterCard and Visa credit card payments.
- We accept US personal checks and money orders in dollars.
- Please contact us with any questions on payment or banking details.
Checks and money orders should be sent to:
Teen Travel Network
10509 San Diego Mission Road, Suite S
San Diego, CA 92108
Outside of the US and Canada: We accept the above forms of payment, except for personal checks.
Terms & Conditions for Payment:
All payments are subject to the conditions of our refund policy once the payment is received. Certain portions of the program fees are refundable depending on the date of the cancellation request. If a student chooses to withdraw for any reason prior to the program start date, TTN must be notified in writing. The refund will be calculated according to the date on which TTN receives this notification.
There is an application fee due when you complete Page 1 of the application and save your space on a program. The application fee ranges between $100-$250 depending on time of year in which you enroll.
Scholarships & Financial Aid:
Teen Travel Network has set aside a finite pool of need-based scholarships under the TTN Scholarship Fund.
In order to apply for a scholarship, students must submit a Financial Aid Form and copies of their parents’ income tax filings from the last two years, along with their program application. Unfortunately, TTN does not directly offer any full-fee scholarships. Full-fee scholarships are distributed through selected partner organizations.
In some cases, payment plans are available. Please contact us at 1-858-771-4886 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Other Teen Travel Network Policies
Discover Teen Travel Network’s various program policies and statements of intent. Be sure to review each of these policies or statements before you participate in a TTN summer travel program:
- Program Policies Hub
- Animal & Wildlife Protection Policy
- Cell Phone Policy
- Child & Vulnerable Adults Protection Policy
- Code of Conduct
- COVID-19 Risk Management (FAQ)
- DEI Policies & Statements
- Essential Eligibility Criteria
- Refund Policy
- Risk Management Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Student Safety and Supervision Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Tuition Policy
- Water Safety Policy
Teen Travel Network
We're here to help!
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact our Admissions Team.