Teen Travel Network
COVID-19 Risk Management
Learn more about Teen Travel Network's program policies
COVID-19 Risk Management
TTN has developed the following risk management response framework to ensure we are taking every precaution to actively manage this evolving situation. The safety of students, staff, and local communities remains our highest priority.Our risk management strategies will be in fluctuation as new information and treatments become available.
We closely follow the CDC guidelines for guidance and authority, and these requirements by TTN may change closer to departure based on current CDC guidelines and destination requirements. Therefore, this is a living framework that will be updated regularly as new information becomes available.
- Consult guidelines in accordance with the official Travel Health Notices as provided by the Department of State, Centers for Disease Control, and the World Health Organization.
- We strongly encourage that all students traveling to our in-person programs are up to date on their Covid-19 vaccinations prior to departure.
- TTN asks that all staff are fully vaccinated and ‘up to date’ with their Covid-19 vaccination for participation in the program.
- TTN participants should take all doses and any recommended boosters for their age group depending on the vaccine received, their age and when eligible.
- Some destinations may require an up to date Covid-19 Vaccination to enter so we ask that you stay apprised on destination requirements.
- We ask all families and staff to limit exposure and avoid non-essential contact outside of their immediate pod or family unit as best as possible 5 days prior to their program departure, in preparation for their Covid-19 test.
- All families and staff obtain and submit a negative Covid-19 test prior to arriving on your program. We will accept and strongly recommend a rapid Antigen test.
- For a rapid antigen test, it must be taken within 24-hours of your program (as close to getting on the plane as possible, preferably!)
- If you are traveling early to your destination, we prefer that you obtain your covid test in your destination instead of before your departure.
- This currently includes anyone who is vaccinated. See our FAQ (link to FAQ Covid-19 page) page for more.
- Strongly recommend that all students wear a KN95 / N95 mask while enroute to their program to minimize exposure to potential illness while enroute.
- All students are required to bring 2 rapid antigen Covid-19 tests with them to the program, to be used only if symptomatic.
- All staff trained on preventative measures and student group management.
- All programs undergo a thorough program risk assessment.
- Program itinerary and Home Base reviewed to ensure Covid-19 TTN Operating Guidelines can be met.
*As Covid-19 Continues to evolve, so will our ‘During Program” plan. We will take into consideration the transmission rates locally and globally at the time of travel.
- Staff to provide a thorough student orientation that covers additional Covid-19 precautions and guidelines.
- Students may be asked to wear a mask if a site specific activity or service project requires it locally. For this reason, students are asked to follow the packing list closely to ensure they bring enough masks for their program. If not required for the destination or activity, wearing a mask is always an optional choice for any student.
- All staff and students undergo a daily health check
- Enhanced cleaning, hygiene and sanitation measures will be implemented.
- If illness is contracted, follow the guidance of instruction by the highest trained individuals (students follow guidance from staff, staff follow guidance from TTN, medical consultant, insurance support and medical facilities).
- If any students show symptoms, they will first take an Antigen test. If confirmed positive, Covid-19 incident response will be initiated.
- All students are asked to pack 2 rapid antigen at home tests with them to be used only if they become symptomatic. Learn more about our incident response here (link to FAQ page).
- If a positive test occurs on program, the entire group may be asked to wear their masks on program to prevent further spread of the virus.
- Monitor symptoms and inform TTN if you develop Covid-19-related symptoms or have a positive Covid-19 test.
Other Teen Travel Network Policies
Discover Teen Travel Network’s various program policies and statements of intent. Be sure to review each of these policies or statements before you participate in a TTN summer travel program:
- Program Policies Hub
- Animal & Wildlife Protection Policy
- Child & Vulnerable Adults Protection Policy
- Cell Phone Policy
- COVID-19 Risk Management (FAQ)
- DEI Policies & Statements
- Refund Policy
- Risk Management Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Student Safety and Supervision Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Tuition Policy
- Water Safety Policy
Teen Travel Network
We're here to help!
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact our Admissions Team.