Teen Travel Network
Learn more about Teen Travel Network's program policies
TTN programs can be physically and emotionally demanding; applicants should be in good physical and mental health.
Refund deadlines for Summer 2024 programs:
This refund policy applies to all programs beginning in June, July, and August.
- Cancellation notices received by January 31, 2024: 100% of tuition paid, except the application fee, is refundable.
- Cancellation notices received February 1 to April 1, 2024: 50% of tuition paid, except the $600 deposit and application fee, is refundable; or 50% of tuition paid and the $600 deposit is transferable for another program in 2024 or 2025.
- Cancellation notices received after April 1, 2024: None of the tuition or application fees are refundable; however, with a medical note or special emergency circumstance, we recommend using your travel insurance. If that is not possible, you can request special consideration for partial credit toward a future program.
Refund deadlines for Open Enrollment programs:
The refund policies listed above apply to all open enrollment programs during the dates and seasons referenced.
- For any open enrollment program with dates not listed above, please contact our Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-858-771-4886 for details on our applicable refund policy.
Refund deadlines for Spring 2024 programs:
This refund policy applies to all programs beginning in March & April.
- Cancellation notices received by November 30, 2023: 100% of tuition paid, except the application fee, is refundable.
- Cancellation notices received December 1, 2023, to January 1, 2024: 50% of tuition paid, except the $600 deposit and application fee, is refundable; or 50% of tuition paid and the $600 deposit is transferable for another program in 2024 or 2025.
- Cancellation notices received after January 1, 2024: None of the tuition or application fees are refundable; however, with a medical note or special emergency circumstance, we recommend using your travel insurance. If that is not possible, you can request special consideration for partial credit toward a future program.
TTN Refund Policy Details (Terms & Conditions):
- (1) All payments are subject to the conditions of our refund policy on the date payment is received.
- (2) If a student chooses to withdraw for any reason prior to the program start date, TTN must be notified in writing. In such instances, certain portions of the program fees are refundable depending on the date of the written cancellation request (see below). Refunds will be calculated according to the date at which TTN receives the cancellation notification.
- (3) If for some reason TTN is not able to grant acceptance into the program, everything but the application fee is refundable.
- (4) The application fee (typically $100-250) is always non-refundable & non-transferable. The exact non-refundable application fee amount varies depending on the date of application.
- (5) If your full tuition balance is paid on time: If you cancel out of your programs at least 60 days prior to departure and your full tuition balance has been paid on time, your family is eligible to receive a tuition credit to use in 2024 or 2025 for all payments received (excluding the application fee), in lieu of a refund payment.
- (6) Should we cancel a specific program due to reasons other than Force Majeure (see below), we will refund 100% of the tuition paid.
- (7) We may, at any time, modify these Terms and Conditions, with or without notice. Any such modification shall be effective upon public posting.
- Terra reserves the right to make changes, cancellations, postponements or substitutions as a result of changing conditions, safety considerations, the interests of the group, or emergency situations.
- In the event Terra decides not to operate a program for force majeure or safety considerations, Terra reserves the right to substitute such program with another program option of the same program theme.
- In the case of COVID or similar force majeure events, should safe program delivery be possible with social distancing measures only, TTN may need to add a ‘social distancing’ or COVID-19 testing surcharge to cover additional costs associated with changes to program elements such as dorming, transportation or service projects. The surcharge would be in addition to the tuition of the program and apply to all currently registered and future students. If enacted, the established surcharge must be received in full 30 days prior to the program start date. Alternatively, in order to avoid such a surcharge, TTN may reduce program duration to cover extra costs. In such an instance, TTN would liaise with families before enacting any surcharge/program duration deduction with the objective of identifying the most suitable solution for all.
- Once on a program, if a Student chooses to leave the TTN Program, there will be no refund of the program fee. If the Student leaves the TTN Program prior to the end date due to parental request, personal reasons, behavioral issues, or mental health challenges, he/she will not be permitted to rejoin the program and will not receive a refund. The Student’s removal is final.
- Students must treat their surroundings and materials with care. The Participant agrees to reimburse Terra for any property of TTN Program Staff or lodging facilities that is damaged, lost, or destroyed as a result of the Student’s actions.
**Exceptions CANNOT be granted to this refund policy. Travel insurance is recommended to help provide protection for your investment beyond our cancellation policy.
Program cancellation, postponements, or changes that occur due to an unexpected or uncontrollable event may be subject to Force Majeure. Such instances could be, but not limited to: acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster, epidemic or pandemic, terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion, or any law or any action taken by a government or public authority. If Force Majeure is enacted, Terra will aim to move the student to another program, if possible. If no alternative program is available, the family will be granted credit for a future program. This credit will be transferable to any other eligible sibling or friend. Where families demand a refund in spite of these circumstances, we will provide partial cash refunds only should our overall situation allow us to do so. The payout ratio will depend on the scale of the Force Majeure.
Other Teen Travel Network Policies
Discover Teen Travel Network’s various program policies and statements of intent. Be sure to review each of these policies or statements before you participate in a TTN summer travel program:
- Program Policies Hub
- Animal & Wildlife Protection Policy
- Cell Phone Policy
- Child & Vulnerable Adults Protection Policy
- Code of Conduct
- COVID-19 Risk Management (FAQ)
- DEI Policies & Statements
- Essential Eligibility Criteria
- Refund Policy
- Risk Management Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Student Safety and Supervision Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Tuition Policy
- Water Safety Policy
Teen Travel Network
We're here to help!
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact our Admissions Team.